Monday, March 1, 2010

The PS3 Global Lockdown Bug Situation...


Since browsing the net earlier today for gaming news, I haven't turned on my PS3, due to the possibility that it may suffer the same fate as many older versions have around the world - a global lockdown that not only renders the Playstation Network inaccessible, but makes some games unplayable, even if they're offline. This is the latest buzz of concern circling Sony's next gen monolith console, and as reported in gaming news sites like Destructoid and Kotaku, an error message appears that blocks online access and bugs out offline gaming frequently.

The only thing known for sure is that the Slim models of the PS3 are immune and put of danger... it's the "Phat types", like the 80GB Model I own, that are in danger. Currently, Sony is looking into the problem and working out kinks to fix the issue, but when and how they will patch things up is still up in the air. Personally, I'd rather wait til a complete fix comes, so for the time being, my PS3 shall remain offline. I'm keeping my eyes sharp on the news and updates on this scoop, and hopefully I can get back to some gaming time sooner than later.

For more information, check out the Kotaku article itself via this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment