Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Ryu Exhibition!



Since the days of Street Fighter II, there hasn't been any other character I have used as frequently as the lone Shotokan warrior known as Ryu. The wandering loner from Japan continues to stand as a symbol of pure determination in the world of fighting, and his quest to seek true strength from his clashes with other world warriors is a feat that is respectable as it is to commended. Admittedly, I started out as a Ken player, preferring his flashy combat style to Ryu's solid techniques. However, as the combat engine evolved and the CPS-2 engine paved the way for the Street Fighter Alpha/ Zero series, my direction changed and I started using the headband wearing warrior. Since then, despite my attempts to rotate between other SF characters and "shoto-clones", Ryu has remained a constant in my side, and his evolution as fighter continues to impress me and the rest of his fans around the world. From his concentrated Hadoken to the Shin Shoryuken, there's no stopping this man from achieving his goals, and to get a better understanding of this one man army, it's best you see this video below:

The Ryu Street Fighter Exhibition

"The Answer Lies In The Heart Of Battle..." - Ryu's pre-battle animation quote from Street Fighter IV

No comments:

Post a Comment