Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Gwyneth Paltrow announces that she's retiring as Pepper Potts in the MCU


Looks like it truly is time for some of the familiar personalities of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to move on following whatever the events of Avengers: Endgame brings, as Academy Award and Golden Globe winner Gwyneth Paltrow has chimed in through Variety that she is planning to retire her Marvel Cinematic Universe character of Pepper Potts - the love interest and former secretary of Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark, aka Iron Man.

“I mean, I’m a bit old to be in a suit and all that at this point. I feel very lucky that I did it, because I actually got talked into it. I was friend with [‘Iron Man’ director] Jon Favreau. It was such a wonderful experience making the first ‘Iron Man’ and then to watch how important it has become to fans.”

In the article, Paltrow didn't completely close doors and said could come back for a cameo or flashback.

"I feel honored to be a part of something that people are so passionate about,” she said. “Of course, if they said, ‘Can you come back for a day?,’ I will always be there if they need me.”

First appearing in 2008's Iron Man, Gwyneth Paltrow's Pepper has been the heart and conscience beside RDJ's Tony, always counter-arguing his eccentric nature and willing to lend his boss/ boyfriend the support she can give him during his adventures as a superhero. She eventually becomes the CEO of Stark Industries while Tony is busy as the armored avenger, and eventually is proposed to by Stark and currently engaged during the events of Avengers: Infinity War. We'll find out soon enough if she will be in "Rescue" mode or otherwise when Avengers: Endgame hits this April.

No comments:

Post a Comment