Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Early February Of Awesome!

We're into the second week of February, and the awesomeness just keeps on piling in everywhere! I've got several updates I wanted to share and get off my chest, so to start things off, let me introduce you to a new friend of mine...

Unexpectedly, I managed to get myself a decent priced and nice looking PSP-3000!. While my trusty and faithful 2000 still remains with me, I thought it was high time to get one of these prestigious units because, aside from the built in mic and subtle cosmetic changes, I needed a second unit for my multi-tasking and gamer needs. Also, Playstation Network services are a real joy to use with this baby, and unlike a PSP Go, UMD's can be used anytime you want. The 3000 is pretty neat, and for those still wondering if a PSP's worth it, trust me, it is for gamers and multimedia users who are always on the go.

Speaking of PSP games, I recently tried the Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Demo with the newbie shown above, and it's just making me all the more excited for the late May 2010 release. All I can say is that Hideo Kojima is still a genius, and his latest take on Portable MGS gaming is simplified yet intuitive, breathing new life to the portable and giving more Snake time the fans can appreciate, single player or co-op wise. Awesome.

Next generation console owners will have a heavy summer ahead of them, as the big games are slowly making their way to a retail store near you. The PS3 is no exception, and for this month, my first gaming purchase will take me straight to the depths of hell and beyond:

Loosely based on Dante Alighien's epic poem, The Divine Comedy, Electronic Arts and Visceral Games video game adaptation of Dante's Inferno is essentially a God Of War clone. I say this because the gameplay is almost entirely similar, with only the story and some play mechanics to distance it away from Kratos' adventure. You play Dante, a knight from the Third Crusade, who returns to find his beloved Beatrice dead and her soul whisked away to Hell, where he follows suit to rescue her by any means necessary. Combat, gameplay style, and mini games are in your typical GoW fashion, but some unique elements like judging souls and using Castlevania inspired magic elements are inserted here. Dante uses a combination of divine and hellish powers like a holy cross or Death's trademark scythe to combat the forces of the underworld, and he can upgrade to more powerful abilities as he collects various orbs and artifacts throughout the game. With God Of War III coming out next month, this game is just ripe for people looking for a new game to practice on, and I don't mind playing an epic that just resonates with mindless aggression and rage. Check out more brutality samples with the trailer below:

Dante's Inferno Gameplay Trailer

On the movie side of things, some exciting superhero film news came in too!

Take this piece of news as you will, but the latest Batman 3 developments have rolled in... and then some! Movie news and fansites like SHH have just gotten word that not only will Christopher Nolan be returning as director to the third Batman film, but he's also slated to handle and take on the other half of DC's World's Finest - SUPERMAN! Now that's some surprising and mindblowing news to chomp on, and if everything becomes official along with the fact that David Goyer and Jonathan Nolan are returning for third Bat-film, DC and Warner Bros. are going to have some serious awesomeness on their plate once the movies start getting made.

No comments:

Post a Comment