Monday, February 27, 2012
The 84th installment of the Academy Awards is well underway, and there are many categories and films to honor and congratulate. As the ceremonies commence, we must not forget the people behind and in front of the camera who have put all their hard work and efforts into making films as they should be: the best and most spectacular shows ever to exist on this planet! With this Live Blog update, I'll be putting up the list of categories and winners of the show. SPOILERS of course, so click "Read More" only if you're sure!
Thanks goes to the source posts Oscars.com and Slash Film for the list!
UPDATE: The Oscars have wrapped up! See the complete list of winners below!
* Billy Crystal's montage was awkward but hilarious. The 9-time Oscar host got kissed by George Clooney?!
* Christian Bale is awesome, and not only as Batman. Period.
* Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy of The Muppets are at the Oscars. No kidding.
* One Spectacular performance by Cirque Du Soleil!
* Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow on stage! Reprising their Iron Man couple status, and saying "Honey"! Aww!
* Christopher Plummer wins Best Supporting Actor for Beginners, making him the oldest Oscar winner at 82!
* Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis take stage. As "serious" musicians. LOL.
*James Earl Jones, Dick Smith, and Oprah Winfrey. Honorary Oscar Awardees!
*The Artist wins big awards: Best Picture; Best Actor in a Leading Role; Costume Design; and Best Music (Original Score);