Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Batman Vs Superman: Ben Affleck calls Daredevil a regret, and won't compare his Batman to Christian Bale's


Many were surprised a few months ago by the announcement that Argo director and actor Ben Affleck had been cast as the new Batman/ Bruce Wayne for Zack Snyder's as of yet untitled "Batman Vs Superman" film that acts as a sequel to this year's Man Of Steel, and a wave of mixed emotion still reverberates around the interwebz over the news.


However, the actor has responded to those reactions, following an interview with Playboy Magazine, which was featured in Latino Review and posted in Slash Film:

"I understand I’m at a disadvantage with the internet. If I thought the result would be another Daredevil, I’d be out there picketing myself. [laughs] Why would I make the movie if I didn’t think it was going to be good and that I can be good in it?"

Speaking on Daredevil, the actor went on to say it was the "Biggest Regret of his career".


"The only movie I actually regret is Daredevil. It just kills me. I love that story, that character, and the fact that it got fucked up the way it did stays with me. Maybe that’s part of the motivation to do Batman."

And while pre-production has begun for the 2015 film, there has yet to be any official stills or footage showing Ben in the Batsuit, or his persona as Billionaire Bruce Wayne. Affleck went on to assure that playing the new Batman is to "redefine him", and "will not compete with the Bale and Chris Nolan Batman but still exists in the Batman canon". This collaborates with rumors that the Batman Affleck will be play will wear a "Black and Grey" color scheme like the comics, and will be a "40 year old plus" hero who encounters Henry Cavill's Superman.

For more on the story, visit the source post at Slash Film.

"Batman Vs Superman is slated for a July 17, 2015 release.

No comments:

Post a Comment