Saturday, July 18, 2009

Something "Magical"... and Something Kick-Ass!


I saw Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince last night with some friends. Despite all the magic and hubub, I can sum up the entire movie in a few words - loving, kissing, fooling, stealing, backstabbing, and most importantly, killing. Lots of sexual tension and theatrics going around, but with the exception of seeing Emma Watson growing up into a fine looking lady, I not all that impressed. Plenty of elements here discourage me, especially with the latter part of the movie involving Dumbledore and Golem-like creatures. These instances justify why I find things a tad too similar to the Lord Of The Rings franchise, and I'd much prefer watching that multiple times compared to seeing this again. Overall, I'm not a fan of the HP series, but this film would be decent enough to watch this week if you have nothing else better to do.

Score - 6/10

//

Aintitcoolnews.com just released an exclusive poster of Kick-Ass The Movie, as illustrated by the comic book's own artist, the talented John Romita Jr. himself!


Ahhh... living to its namesake indeed. I've read a couple of issues down the line since the title's release early last year, but I'm still waiting for the collected version or even a volume 1 of this Mark Millar penned adventure to hit the shelves to guarantee my complete amusement. With the movie inching closer and closer to it's release, It's only a matter of time...

No comments:

Post a Comment