Saturday, July 25, 2009

Spotlight: Mega 64


Have you guys heard of Mega 64? No? Then allow me to give a brief background description on them.

Created by Rocco Posse and Derrick Acosta, Mega 64 is a series of comedic skits that center on Video Games. In many ways, it's similar to those comedy shows you see here and there, like Saturday Night Live and MTV's Jackass. Every episode has these guys and their friends starring in it, spoofing something related to video games - whether it be a title or a peripheral of a console. As a gamer, I find their work hilarious and easy to relate to. I'd always imagine how it would be like to live out my video game fantasies in the real world... and this show tells me that idea just wouldn't work out (you think?!). Haha, at least these guys have the guts to test drive their gaming knowledge to the public, so I tip my hat off to them for their efforts, they're really awesome.

Some of my favorite Mega 64 moments involve my favorite games I've played over the years:


Street Fighter II - The Bonus Stage... Holy Shit.


Resident Evil - Rocco leads a team of zombies to town. FAIL, haha.

Nowadays, the boys do stuff for IGN.com. Their latest episode involves the Wii Fit... with a very "important lesson" to convey to the audience.



That was just... wrong, haha.

For more about these guys, look them up at Wikipedia. You can also check out more Mega 64 goodness at their official site. They got other stuff besides their videos, such as podcasts and official merchandise to sell to fans. They're currently attending the SDCC '09, so I'm sure they're up to something there that'll be converted into another hilarious skit. I can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment